The hamlet of Fine was named in honor of John Fine, originally of Ogdensburg NY, who formed the first settlement along the Oswegatchie River here, on March 27, 1849.
The Forestry, and Timber industries were once quite prominent here, but have since faded away.
Today, the quaint hamlet is rich with kind folks and tranquil surroundings. The original Fine Town Hall, which was built in 1884 still stands in it's original location beside what is now known as "NY RT 58"and was placed on the "National Registry of Historic Places" in 1996.
The Town Hall is currently in the process of being restored thanks to the efforts of dedicated volunteers.